Il sistema regionale è un’organizzazione a rete che favorisce il perseguimento di obiettivi condivisi di educazione all’ambiente e alla sostenibilità, attraverso azioni ed iniziative sviluppate in collaborazione con le varie amministrazioni, enti, organismi, associazioni operanti nel settore dell’educazione alla sostenibilità.
INTERNAL STRENGTHENING OF INFEAS
The Regional Coordination Center has the functions of guiding, promoting, accrediting and monitoring the interventions and individuals operating in the field of sustainability education. It talks with the individuals involved in environmental sustainability programs and projects under various capacities, facilitating the territorial impact on operational and institutional processes.
The Regional Coordination Center is supported by the INFEAS Technical Group (or Regional Technical Board), that is chaired by the Director of the Environmental Sustainability and Information Systems Service (SASI) of the Department of Environmental Defense and composed of representatives of:
- INFEAS territorial hubs;
- Regional departments: Public Education, Tourism, Crafts and Commerce, Agriculture and Agro-Pastoral Reform;
- Forestry and Environmental Surveillance Corps;
- Civil Defense;
- Forestas Agency;
- Regional school management;
- Environmental associations;
- CEAS (Environmental and Sustainability Education Centers).
Il gruppo tecnico INFEAS supporta il Centro regionale coordinamento INFEA nell’attuazione delle seguenti funzioni:
- Definition of intervention strategies;
- functional coordination between public structures;
- collaboration with public and private entities and associations for the promotion of activities and the dissemination of the sustainable development culture;
- setting up the activities to be implemented through the regional network;
- general direction and coordination of the activities of CEAS – Environmental and Sustainability Education Centers;
- definition of quality standards for the recognition and accreditation of centers for the network;
- preparation of an education program for sustainable development.
I Nodi Territoriali del Sistema INFEAS sono attivi presso la Città Metropolitana di Cagliari, le tre Province storiche di Sassari, Nuoro e Oristano e del Sud Sardegna (a seguito dalla L.R. 4 febbraio 2016, n.2).
The Territorial Hubs perform reference functions, animation and connection on an organizational and propositive towards local communities and Environmental Education Centers. They ensure the coordination of the territorial network, in harmony with the activities shared by the INFEAS.
The Environmental Education and Sustainability Centers (CEAS) are territorial and multifunctional service structures, which perform sustainable development education activities. The Region of Sardinia intends to systematize the Environmental Education Centers that are existing in the territory and to establish a network of CEAS that is strategic for the growth of the sustainability culture in Sardinia.
The CEAS are currently the main observers of local environmental systems as well as reference points for the animation and participation of citizens and enterprises, activators of good practices and activators of interventions dedicated to environmental and sustainable local development education.
The CEAS are public structures, as they belong to a Municipality or a Park Authority (Holder), with management which is generally entrusted to cooperatives or associations of a proven nature (Managing Body).
Attualmente fanno parte della rete sia i CEAS accreditati e certificati dalla Regione Sardegna, sia i CEAS che ancora non sono accreditati.
- Sustainable development education activities;
- Information and Documentation;
- Territorial animation;
- Activation of resources, initiatives, projects and programs for sustainability.
The activities of the CEAS are aimed at a variety of entities: schools, local communities, world of associations and voluntary work, freelancers, public administrators, public and private bodies, trade associations and representatives of citizens, businesses and universities.
All’interno del Sistema Regionale INFEAS operano numerosi altri soggetti e reti attivi nel campo dell’educazione ambientale e alla sostenibilità. Questi svolgono funzioni di sostegno e di collaborazione attiva per il funzionamento del sistema INFEAS regionale. Sono attivamente coinvolti:
- The Regional Agency for the Protection of the Environment of Sardinia (A.R.P.A.S.);
- the Regional Forestry Agency for the development of the territory and the environment of Sardinia (Fo.Re.S.T.A.S.);
- the Forestry and Environmental Surveillance Corps;
- the Protected Natural Areas (National and regional parks; Protected Marine Areas);
- schools and university;
- the regional network of Educational Farms;
INTERNAL STRENGTHENING OF INFEAS
The Metropolitan City of Cagliari has initiated an intervention aimed at strengthening the INFEAS Network with the aim of contributing to the growth of the skills and professionalism of the Owners and Managers of the CEAS, the Technical Group and the Regional Coordination, encouraging the exchange of good practices and the innovation of educational methods.
The general objective of the intervention consists of the reorganization and restructuring of the INFEAS Network of Sardinia, through internal consolidation actions of the Network, in order to enable the development of the forms of collaboration, cooperation and innovation on sustainability issues (environmental, economic and social) that can be continuous and unitary over time.
The intervention will be carried out through specific actions aimed at:
- promoting the exchange of good practices between all CEAS (accredited and non-accredited) and networking with individuals and institutions represented in the INFEAS Technical Group through: a laboratory for the definition of good practices, a laboratory for improvement mutual knowledge between CEAS and a laboratory for the improvement of relationship between the Owners and Managers of the CEAS;
- strengthening the links and skills and improving the training offer aimed for the Network, through deepening, innovation and sharing of methodological tools required to design and evaluate educational programs aimed for a multiplicity of recipients, in line with INFEAS System and its purposes.